A bit of an update …. some good and some bad news...
- mainsail arrived back - recut for new mast shape - from Norths in Auckland today. Should be much better now. And the reef points should be there too.
- in the bag with the main was the furling cable from KZ for the A3, looks like a very nice bit of gear. This will be useable very soon, maybe Sunday.
- I made inhaulers today, so now we can sheet the jib inboard for upwind.
- deck fitting for inner forestay went on today
- Gordie got the mast seal on today, so we won't have a lake in the cabin sole every time it rains now.
- we don't have an inner forestay yet
- forecast for planned first race tomorrow 30+ gusting 40, we're not up to this yet, and it's likely to be cancelled anyway. And in Wellington at this time of year, these forecasts aren't wrong very often.
- battery management system did something odd again this afternoon. Not a major but clearly not working like it's supposed to.
- we found nearly 3 litres of hydraulic fund under the starboard ram, so something is leaking (so that's where it's all gone!). I'll be down there tomorrow trying to find out why, probably just a loose fitting